Quick install instructions
XTide 2 is Copyright (C) 1998 by David Flater, comes with
absolutely no warranty, and is provided under the GNU General
Public License. See the verbose documentation for all of the
- XTide 2 requires:
- You must download at least one harmonics file.
- You must set the environment variable HFILE_PATH to point to the
harmonics files that you downloaded. Example:
- ./configure; make
- You should now have three binaries:
- xtide, the interactive X-windows client
- tide, the non-interactive TTY client
- xttpd, the web server
- The X-windows client is easy to use. Go for it.
- tide does a few things that xtide doesn't do. Run
it with nothing on the command line and read the usage info.
- xttpd is a self-contained web server. su root,
fire it up and browse away. If it doesn't run, check your logs
for errors and see
http://www.flaterco.com/xtide/installation.html for configuration help.